Come to my world of Village rhythms…
Your team is about to experience a state of euphoria, highly motivated, empowered and relaxed amongst friends, colleagues and co-workers.
We use the ancient technology of the African drum and dance rhythms to create dynamic and unified team community. Team success depends on the subtlety and power of drumming and movements and their impact: spiritual, spontaneous and personalized. We encourage creativity and self-expression with a structured, centered and focused process. Each has his or her own role but must cooperate with the others to make the sound powerful.
A successful team:
- Has a solid, centered and focused orientation
- Works together and is supportive
- Is confident, trusting and good at listening
- Clears up unfinished business
- Has effective leadership
- Develops the ability to resolve conflict
- Promotes self-empowerment and motivation
- Shows an ability to manage change
- Manifests accountability and responsibility
- Balances creativity and harmony
- Builds shared visions and directions
- Empowers each participant
- Strengthens team-spirit where intuition and logic meet
- Develops the spirit of camaraderie among co-workers
- Reduces absenteeism and health effects of work-related stress and anxiety.
Fast Company article about Onye!
Beginners and General
- Learn basic teachings and technique
- Learn to drum in a group
- Cultural and historical context
- Having fun
Intermediate and Advanced
- Understand polyrhythmic structures
- Create simple, complex phrases and solos while playing to rhythmic patterns
- Playing at different tempos
- Perfecting Bass, Open, and Slap
- Performance group and special gigs.
What to expect from drumming
You are welcomed into the family of village rhythms. We offer workshops for all ages and all levels from beginners and intermediate. Our drumming workshops allow you to feel with your heart through a variety of most powerful techniques that support your level of learning.
We maintain a healthy psyche nurtured by the ancestors’ wisdom.
Contact Onye for bookings and information at 707- 528-4458